Verlopen · Makeup Training – February 2019
What to expect
OUR MAKE-UP TRAINING IS NOW RENEWED!
A new format and a higher standard. Our new make up training program is not only unique within the
Netherlands, but it is a unique experience as well! At Dutch Beauty Academy, beauty education is
raised to a higher level. Our lessons are very informative and practical for students, but at the same
time also a true unique experience!
By using a large digital touchscreen whiteboard we take you on a thematic journey through time,
culture and important beauty hotspots. A journey through different looks, different techniques and
different times. A journey through time and Make up. This make up training program can be followed by
anyone who wants to develop their skills in the field of make up. But also by everyone who works in
the make up & beauty sector or wants to do so in the future.
YOU DO NOT NEED ANY PRE-TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE MAKE UP CLASS. YOU CAN REGISTER DIRECTLY AND PARTICIPATE.
THE CONTENT OF THE MAKE-UP PROGRAM
During the class, the latest make-up techniques are discussed and treated in addition to the basic principles. Dutch Beauty Academy has a versatile and complete makeup training. You learn among other things: Preparing, Hygiene, Cleaning the skin and eyes, Analyzing, Product knowledge, All Basic techniques of make-up, Meaning of colors, Make-up history, Smokey eyes, Glamour make-up, Dark skin make-up, Bridal make-up, Arabic make-up, Fashion (Catwalk) make-up, Trend make-up, Corrections of different eye shapes and face shapes and Basics of hairstyling and more.
But of course you will also get Contouring / Shaping (given by a teacher who has followed the contouring masterclass with Kim Kardashian), Highlighting, Strobing, Ombre Lips and many other techniques needed to become a versatile, well educated and professional Make-up Artist. Of course, it is also possible to start as a freelancer with your own business after following this course. Moreover, because of our good cooperation with MAC Cosmetics, our students also get the unique opportunity to take 2 classes at MAC Cosmetics during and after the program. At the end of the training the exam is taken at school and then a photo shoot is held.
A practice exam, final exam and a resit are included in the training costs.
LESSON DATES AND DURATION
The course will take 17 lessons (including 1 exam day with professional photo shoot and 2 lessons with MAC Cosmetics). The dates for the classes at MAC Cosmetics will be announced. A school day at Dutch Beauty Academy lasts from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm. In addition to the regular lessons you have to take into account some homework (practicing looks at home). This will be an average of 4 hours per week. We start in three different groups, a Friday group, a Saturday group and a Sunday group. View the available start dates below.
Friday group: Start on Friday 8th February 2019.
See the lesson dates below: *
Lesson 1 – 08-02-’19
Lesson 2 – 22-02-’19
Lesson 3 – 1-03-’19
Lesson 4 – 15-03-’19
Lesson 5 – 22-03-’19
Lesson 6 – 05-04-’19
Lesson 7 – 12-04-’19
Lesson 8 – 10-05-’19
Lesson 9 – 17-05-’19
Lesson 10 – 24-05-’19
Lesson 11 – 31-05-’19
Lesson 12 – 07-06-19
Lesson 13 – 14-06-19
Lesson 14 – 21-06-19
Lesson 15 – 05-07-’19
*Subject to changes
Saturday group: Start on Saturday 9 February 2019.
See the lesson dates below: *
Lesson 1 – 09-02-’19
Lesson 2 – 23-02-’19
Lesson 3 – 02-03-’19
Lesson 4 – 16-03-’19
Lesson 5 – 23-03-’19
Lesson 6 – 06-04-’19
Lesson 7 – 13-04-19
Lesson 8 – 11-05-19
Lesson 9 – 18-05-’19
Lesson 10 – 25-05-’19
Lesson 11 – 01-06-19
Lesson 12 – 08-06-’19
Lesson 13 – 15-06-’19
Lesson 14 – 22-06-19
Lesson 15 – 06-07-19
*Subject to changes
Sunday group: Start on Sunday 10 February 2019. Full! Enroll for waiting list
See the lesson dates below: *
Lesson 1 – 10-02-’19
Lesson 2 – 24-02-’19
Lesson 3 – 03-03-’19
Lesson 4 – 17-03-’19
Lesson 5 – 24-03-’19
Lesson 6 – 07-04-’19
Lesson 7 – 14-04-’19
Lesson 8 – 12-05-’19
Lesson 9 – 19-05-’19
Lesson 10 – 26-05-’19
Lesson 11 – 02-06-’19
Lesson 12 – 09-06-19
Lesson 13 – 16-06-19
Lesson 14 – 23-06-19
Lesson 15 – 07-07-19
*Subject to changes
WHY CHOOSE DUTCH BEAUTY ACADEMY
At Dutch Beauty Academy we have a vision about beauty but also a vision about how we teach beauty. Dutch Beauty Academy is an innovative school with innovative aspects and has always been a pioneer in the field of beauty education.Dutch Beauty Academy is recommended in the prestigious Education Guide of the VOGUE (June, July, August and September editions 2017), where only the best educational institutions in the field of beauty are included.
- At Dutch Beauty Academy you will receive the most complete and versatile make-up and hairstyling training in the Netherlands. Nowhere else will you get so much qualitative lesson content.
- The curriculum is unique. It has been developed by experienced teachers with an educational background.
- You will receive a start to your portfolio, internship and work guidance during and after training. This way every student gets the chance to participate in great projects and gain practical experiences.
- All students are also given the opportunity to be asked for TV and film productions, Musical productions, Video clips, Photo productions, etc. in magazines and many more events. Dutch Beauty Academy has collaborated with TV program Utopia (SBS6), advertising campaigns of New York Pizza, Peek & Cloppenburg, SOUK event, Internship at RTL4, Margriet Winter Festival, Miss elections, Fashion shows and much more.
- The lessons are also offered interactively with the help of a large digital touchscreen whiteboard (unique in the Netherlands!).
- Our students receive exclusive training at MAC Cosmetics and the Estée Lauder brands (Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Donna Karan, La Mer, Tom Ford, DKNY, Jo Malone, Kiton, Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.)
- You can count on innovation. Dutch Beauty Academy is a pioneer in the field of beauty education.
- Dutch Beauty Academy has been on television several times on SBS6 and RTL4 and included in the Vogue’s Education Guide.
- Our teachers come from the make-up and hairstyling industry and work for renowned brands such as L’oreal and Schwarzkopf and also provide training there. But are also, for example, employed at Holland’s Next Top Model.
- You will be taught by a top teacher, nominated several times for the prestigious Coiffure Awards, also Dutch Beauty Academy has been nominated twice (2016 and 2017) for the prestigious Coiffure Awards.
- Dutch Beauty Academy organizes master classes by celebrity make-up artist Fady Kataya (Make Up Artist Nancy Ajram), Samer Khouzami (King of highlighting & contours) and Sir John (Make Up Artist of Beyonce).
- At Dutch Beauty Academy we also train teachers and trainers from other (prestigious) academies in the latest techniques in the field of make-up and hairstyling.
- Customer satisfaction is very important to us. Our students are very satisfied with our training programs and courses and give us an average of 9.7 out of 10.
The school fee for the make-up program is € 2.290, – excluding materials. With us you can pay the school fees in installments. You always pay the first installment directly online during registration (iDEAL or Creditcard payment possible). We will than send a payment link every month by e-mail for the next installment. The number of installments depends on the registration date. The sooner you register, the more installments are possible. See the table below for more information. Payment in installments is unfortunately not possible for the materials package.
|Enrollment date||Number of installments||Monthly term up to and incl. June 2019|
|January ‘19||6||€ 381,67|
|February ‘19||5||€ 458,00|
Please contact us if you want to pay the remaining course fee in one go after the first term. For further questions about payments you can always contact us.
For the make-up you course you will have to take into account material costs from € 550, – if you yourself purchase materials from elsewhere on the basis of the list of materials that you receive from us. It is mostly dependent on the brands that you would like to use.
If you purchase a package through the school, the price is € 999,-.
The prices of the packages include discounts that our students receive due to our good cooperation with the various professional makeup brands (among others MAC Cosmetics and Make Up Forever)
All our educational programs, master classes and courses are offered under the supervision of qualified, competent and expert subject teachers. Our teachers are real professionals from the beauty industry. We ensure that every student receives sufficient individual attention during the training programs. Every lesson is structured logically and the content is always carefully composed. The level of the lesson content is challenging and the students are challenged in a positive way during class to get the best out of themselves. Differentiated learning strategies are offered during the curriculum, thus meeting the different learning styles of each student. Dutch Beauty Academy not only focuses on ‘how’ certain hairstyling techniques should be applied, but also on ‘why’ a particular technique is applied.
REGISTERED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
Dutch Beauty Academy complies with the national quality code for training institutes for short-term vocational education. Dutch Beauty Academy was audited in 2013 on the basis of the CRKBO standards drawn up by CPION, the Center for Post Initial Education in the Netherlands. The CPION is the independent audit firm that is also responsible for testing, registering and certifying post-initial training in the Netherlands. Dutch Beauty Academy meets all quality and reliability standards. Our registration can be found in the online register at crkbo.nl.