Education · Hairstyling Training – February 2019
What to expect
OUR HAIRSTYLING TRAINING IS NOW RENEWED!
A new format and a higher standard. Our new training program is not only unique within the Netherlands, but it is a unique experience as well! At Dutch Beauty Academy, beauty education is raised to a higher level. Our lessons are very informative and practical for students, but at the same time also a true unique experience! This hairstyling program can be followed by anyone who wants to develop their skills in the field of hairstyling. But also by everyone who works in the hair & beauty sector or wants to do so in the future. During the hairstyling training you will learn various hairstyling techniques, both Western hairstyles and techniques and Arab hairstyles and techniques (bridal / gala hairstyles) so that you can develop yourself into a versatile, professional and an all-round hairstylist.
YOU DO NOT NEED ANY PRE-TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE HAIRSTYLING CLASS. YOU CAN REGISTER DIRECTLY AND PARTICIPATE.
CONTENT OF HAIRSTYLING PROGRAM
As a hairstylist, it is important that you are able to take on any job. You have to be an all-rounder. That is why in our hairstyling program we have a varied range of hairstyling techniques and hairstyles. It is a versatile and complete hairstyling course.In the hairstyling program you start with the basic principles and basic techniques of hair. You will learn about the use of products and materials (product and tool knowledge), but also how to build a hairstyle and which techniques you should apply to different hair styles. You will be introduced to various braiding techniques and you will learn how to make the well-known Dutch Braid. You learn how to make chignons and work with them, with and without filling. Also the use and/or making of special hair pieces and the use of extensions in the hair is discussed. This is just a small selection of the content of our hairstyling program.In the course you will also learn different types of bridal hairstyles. For example, a nonchalant look, a tight finger wave hairstyle, but also a Hollywood Wave. And have you ever wondered how you make such a tight ponytail without fluff? A Sleek Ponytail can be more difficult than it seems.Naturally, the fashion hairstyles will also be discussed during the course. You learn to gain insight for photo shoots and publications. The different hair, curling and braiding techniques are therefore indispensable. And for the creative minds, the Avant-garde lesson is a must. This lesson is about creativity and imagination. Be inspired by everything around you and create true works of hair-art.Whether it is for fashion shows, photo shoots or for a bride, with our hairstyling program you will be a professional in all fields. Of course, it is also possible to start as a freelancer and start your own business after following the hairstyling course.At the end of the course the exam is taken at school and a professional photo shoot is held. A practice exam, final exam and a resit are included in the training costs.
LESSON DATES AND DURATION
The course will take 13 lessons (including 1 exam day with professional photo shoot). A school day at Dutch Beauty Academy lasts from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm. We start in two different groups, a Sunday group and a Monday group. View the available start dates below.Sunday group: Start on Sunday 10 February 2019.See the lesson data below: *Lesson 1 – 10-02-’19Lesson 2 – 24-02-’19Lesson 3 – 03-03-’19Lesson 4 – 17-03-’19Lesson 5 – 24 03-’19Lesson 6 – 07-04-’19Lesson 7 – 14-04-’19Lesson 8 – 12-05-’19Lesson 9 – 19 05-’19Lesson 10 – 26-05-’19Lesson 11 – 02-06-’19Lesson 12 – 16-06-19Lesson 13 – 23-06-19*Subject to changesMonday group: Start on Monday 11 February 2019.See the lesson data below: *Lesson 1 – 11-02-’19Lesson 2 – 25-02-’19Lesson 3 – 04-03-’19Lesson 4 – 18-03-’19Lesson 5 – 25 03-’19Lesson 6 – 08-04-’19Lesson 7 – 15-04-’19Lesson 8 – 13-05-’19Lesson 9 – 20 05-’19Lesson 10 – 27-05-’19Lesson 11 – 03-06-’19Lesson 12 – 17-06-19Lesson 13 – 24-06-19*Subject to changes
WHY CHOOSE DUTCH BEAUTY ACADEMY
At Dutch Beauty Academy we have a vision about beauty but also a vision about how we teach beauty. Dutch Beauty Academy is an innovative school with innovative aspects and has always been a pioneer in the field of beauty education.Dutch Beauty Academy is recommended in the prestigious Education Guide of the VOGUE (June, July, August and September editions 2017), where only the best educational institutions in the field of beauty are included.
- At Dutch Beauty Academy you will receive the most complete and versatile make-up and hairstyling training in the Netherlands. Nowhere else will you get so much qualitative lesson content.
- The curriculum is unique. It has been developed by experienced teachers with an educational background.
- You will receive a start to your portfolio, internship and work guidance during and after training. This way every student gets the chance to participate in great projects and gain practical experiences.
- All students are also given the opportunity to be asked for TV and film productions, Musical productions, Video clips, Photo productions, etc. in magazines and many more events. Dutch Beauty Academy has collaborated with TV program Utopia (SBS6), advertising campaigns of New York Pizza, Peek & Cloppenburg, SOUK event, Internship at RTL4, Margriet Winter Festival, Miss elections, Fashion shows and much more.
- The lessons are also offered interactively with the help of a large digital touchscreen whiteboard (unique in the Netherlands!).
- Our students receive exclusive training at MAC Cosmetics and the Estée Lauder brands (Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Donna Karan, La Mer, Tom Ford, DKNY, Jo Malone, Kiton, Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.)
- You can count on innovation. Dutch Beauty Academy is a pioneer in the field of beauty education.
- Dutch Beauty Academy has been on television several times on SBS6 and RTL4 and included in the Vogue’s Education Guide.
- Our teachers come from the make-up and hairstyling industry and work for renowned brands such as L’oreal and Schwarzkopf and also provide training there. But are also, for example, employed at Holland’s Next Top Model.
- You will be taught by a top teacher, nominated several times for the prestigious Coiffure Awards, also Dutch Beauty Academy has been nominated twice (2016 and 2017) for the prestigious Coiffure Awards.
- Dutch Beauty Academy organizes master classes by celebrity make-up artist Fady Kataya (Make Up Artist Nancy Ajram), Samer Khouzami (King of highlighting & contours) and Sir John (Make Up Artist of Beyonce).
- At Dutch Beauty Academy we also train teachers and trainers from other (prestigious) academies in the latest techniques in the field of make-up and hairstyling.
- Customer satisfaction is very important to us. Our students are very satisfied with our training programs and courses and give us an average of 9.7 out of 10.
The school fee for the hairstyling program is € 2.290, – excluding materials. With us you can pay the school fees in installments. You always pay the first installment directly online during registration (iDEAL or Creditcard payment possible). We will than send a payment link every month by e-mail for the next installment. The number of installments depends on the registration date. The sooner you register, the more installments are possible. See the table below for more information.
|Enrollment date||Number of installments||Monthly term up to and incl. May 2019|
|January ‘19||5||€ 458,00|
Please contact us if you want to pay the remaining course fee in one go after the first term. For further questions about payments you can always contact us.
For the materials you have to take into account an amount from € 550, -. We do not offer a package of materials, but you will receive a list of recommended materials from us that you can then purchase independently. If you already have certain materials that are on the list at home, then you can of course use them for the training. You do not have to purchase these materials. That saves costs. It must of course be qualitative and suitable materials. The list of recommended materials contains recommended brands, but of course you are not obliged to buy those brands specifically.
All our educational programs, master classes and courses are offered under the supervision of qualified, competent and expert subject teachers. Our teachers are real professionals from the beauty industry. We ensure that every student receives sufficient individual attention during the training programs. Every lesson is structured logically and the content is always carefully composed. The level of the lesson content is challenging and the students are challenged in a positive way during class to get the best out of themselves. Differentiated learning strategies are offered during the curriculum, thus meeting the different learning styles of each student. Dutch Beauty Academy not only focuses on ‘how’ certain hairstyling techniques should be applied, but also on ‘why’ a particular technique is applied.
REGISTERED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
Dutch Beauty Academy complies with the national quality code for training institutes for short-term vocational education. Dutch Beauty Academy was audited in 2013 on the basis of the CRKBO standards drawn up by CPION, the Center for Post Initial Education in the Netherlands. The CPION is the independent audit firm that is also responsible for testing, registering and certifying post-initial training in the Netherlands. Dutch Beauty Academy meets all quality and reliability standards. Our registration can be found in the online register at crkbo.nl.